Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I start using WinkShare?
WinkShare is currently in closed beta. We are inviting a very limited number of users off our Beta Waitlist. To maximize the likelihood of being accepted into our pre-release beta we recommend joining our beta waitlist and referring a partner you want to use WinkShare with. Still, there is no guarantee that you will be invited to join regardless of placement on the waitlist.
We are constantly improving WinkShare and building new features for our eventual public release. We are as excited to release WinkShare to the app store as you are!
2. Does WinkShare support iOS and Android?
WinkShare is only available on iOS. We will be launching on Android after our public release to the App Store.
3. Where is WinkShare available?
WinkShare will first launch in the United States, but we are accepting beta users in the US and Canada.
4. How do you keep my data secure?
WinkShare leverages multiple technologies and has introduced new features to safeguard your data and privacy. We use the following:
- End-to-End Encryption: All media shared on WinkShare is sent using the Signal Protocol, a highly secure open source end-to-end encrypted data cryptographic protocol. What all those confusing words mean is when your data is in transit between the sender and recipient it is unreadable. The same technology is used by Signal, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.
- Local Storage: All the messages, photos and videos you store, send and receive in WinkShare are stored on your device, not in the cloud. This makes it nearly impossible for hackers, or WinkShare, to access your data without physically having your device.
- Screenshot Block: WinkShare uses technology that blocks users from taking screenshots within the app. This prevents users from leaking what they have been sent to other individuals.
- Privacy Contract: Every conversation starts with a legally enforceable privacy contract. If a user shares something they were sent in WinkShare, they could face legal action.
- Easy Unsend: WinkShare allows users to bulk unsend without notifying the original recipient. We believe that users should maintain ownership of their content after it is sent and are building features to make that a reality.
- Ephemeral Media Send: You can easily send messages that auto delete.
- Media Vault: You can store photos and videos in a password protected, locally encrypted area, separate from your photos app.
5. Can WinkShare stop any leaks?
No application is perfect, and sending any private information always carries some level of risk. WinkShare is doing everything possible to ensure that the messages you send remains yours and can only be viewed by the intended recipient.
6. Wink or WinkShare?
WinkShare is the private space to build deeper and healthier relationships online. Users can send Winks to their partners on WinkShare!